Now Hiring Senior Scientist
The Institute for In Vitro Sciences, Inc (IIVS) is a non-profit testing laboratory utilizing only non-animal methods. IIVS is currently hiring a full time Senior Scientist to assist in the development of an in vitro inhalation toxicology testing program. Experience in the chemical inhalation toxicology or tobacco toxicology fields is required. IIVS offers a competitive salary and full benefits.
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of an inhalation toxicology laboratory/facility
- Develop and validate a variety of non-animal test methods and endpoints for modeling and predicting various toxicological responses and disease states of the respiratory tract
- Provide expertise in developing and executing research projects
- Conduct commercial contract in vitro safety testing of products and ingredients
- Develop and conduct lectures and hands-on training of in vitro test methods for various audiences, including industry, regulatory/governmental and NGO stakeholders
- Represent IIVS in meetings with industry clients, government agencies, universities, etc. that address both scientific and regulatory issues in inhalation toxicology
- Some national/international travel required
- Will require handling a variety of toxic chemicals and combustible tobacco products
Specific Capabilities May Include But are Not Limited To:
- Experience with in vitro toxicological methods for investigating human cellular, tissue or organ systems
- Ability to apply standard scientific principles, and techniques to conduct and develop in vitro product safety testing programs
- Able to communicate effectively across language, cultural, or other barriers
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal guidance
Requires at minimum a Master’s degree + 3-5 years of relevant experience; or a Ph.D. degree + 1-3 year of relevant experience.