Position Opening - Biologist I
The Institute for In Vitro Sciences, Inc (IIVS) is a non-profit testing laboratory utilizing only non-animal methods. IIVS is currently hiring a full time Biologist I (entry level position) to work in our Gaithersburg office. IIVS offers a competitive salary and full benefits.
- Under close supervision, perform basic technical assignments in the performance of in vitro or cell culture studies.
- Responsible for generating, recording, and reporting data from standard studies and producing reports in a GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) compliant fashion.
- Perform peer reviews of data, reports, and batch records.
- Use and maintain scientific equipment such as centrifuges, laminar flow hoods, 96-well plate readers, incubators, microscopes, micropipettors, computers, etc.
- May assist or conduct some specialized techniques with moderate supervision.
Specific Capabilities May Include But are Not Limited To:
- An understanding and demonstrated competence in aseptic techniques/basic cell culture.
- A working knowledge of the proper/safe handling of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Demonstrated competence in basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal guidance.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of PC-based word processor and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate competence in a variety of laboratory techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Shares in responsibility of cleaning and up-keep of the facility.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Comfortable working in a team oriented environment.
B.A./B.S. in the biological sciences.